Sharing error OSE204 from OneDrive
If you've tried sharing a file outside of your organisation team share in OneDrive to anonymous parties, you might run in to a problem with sharing settings.
This is not easily solvable at first. There are a number of settings in Office 365 which can affect this, from:
- Office Active users page, you can select individual users, select One Drive and see the sharing access they have
- One Drive Admin: on the sharing page, there are a number of options here
- SharePoint Admin: Again, there are a number of options here.
Make sure you check those above sections to ensure the correct settings are set. If you still cannot share the files, you will need to connect to SharePoint Online via power shell.
- Make sure the power shell command is installed:
Install-Module -Name Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell
- Connect to your instance
$adminUPN="<the full email address of a SharePoint administrator account, example: firstname.lastname@example.org>" $orgName="<name of your Office 365 organization, example: contosotoycompany>" $userCredential = Get-Credential -UserName $adminUPN -Message "Type the password." Connect-SPOService -Url https://$orgName-admin.sharepoint.com -Credential $userCredential
- Set the permissions on your site
set-sposite -identity 'https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/Sales' -sharingcapability ExternalUserAndGuestSharing
The above should do the trick. Just note that it does take some time to take affect.
See: Sharing Errors